We are inviting top area collegiate teams to Memphis for the Bluff City 7s challenge. We will have 12 teams battling for the bling! Trophies for the winners of the Cup, Plate and Bowl division.
- Date: Saturday March 18, 2023
- Venue: University of Memphis – Memorial Field, 451 Zach Curlin Street, Memphis, TN
- Registration: begins 8:00
- First Kickoff: 9:40 am with the finals at 5:30.
Participating teams are:
- University of Memphis (1,2,3)
- University of Arkansas
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- University of Missouri – Columbia
- Ole Miss
- LA Tech University
- Tulane University
- Sam Houston University
- Spring Hill College
- Kennesaw State University
College teams who wish to participate should contact Rick Cole at Dr.cole@CPTG.net and 901-482-3721. Cost to participate is $250 per team. We will max at 12 teams so contact us now.
Free admission. Fans and rugby friends are encouraged to attend. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the day. There will be food trucks at the venue for the day. T-shirts and soft drinks are also available on site.
Bluff City 7s Challenge 2023
Details, Rules and Guidelines.
- Bluff City Challenge is a developmental tournament. You may bring as many players as you want, but can only play 12 in any one match.
- Restrooms are available on site. The playing surface is inside a track. Teams may setup camps around the end zones. The south side of the pitch is reserved for fans. Technical Zone will be on the north side of the track and players shall remain between the 10 and the 22 during their match.
- There is no overtime except for the finals matches. Tie breakers will be head to head and then points differential.
- Captains will report to the scorer’s tent at the halftime of the previous match (or 7 minutes before your match) for coin toss. Any captain not at the scorer’s tent at the appointed time will lose the toss.
- Certified Trainers will be available for player safety and injury assessment. They are not there for prevention taping.
- Registration – Each player will sign a participation waiver during registration in order to participate.
- Players should be properly affiliated with the participating club.
a. Registered as a student in school with a student ID.
b. Student ID (or equivalent) will be required during player registration.
a. There will be trophies for the top three finishing teams.
b. Player medals will be awarded for the “All Tournament Team” (Top 12 players of the tournament selected by the coaches and players)Medals will be awarded for the top try scorers and top points kickers of the tournament.
c. Captains will participate in gathering the required information on their scorers for each match and selections of best opponents (forms will be provided)
- Any player with a red card is out for the tournament.
- Coaches shall ensure that all team communications with referees remain respectful and in the true spirit of the game.